Ares 10 is a cost-effective GSM thermometer for remote monitoring and alarming
Ares 10 is a cost-effective GSM thermometer for remote monitoring and alarming. Connect up to 3 external sensors (temperature, humidity, light intensity, …) and 2 contacts (digital detectors). Use the free-of-charge SensDesk.com portal to configure the Ares, send alarms or display graphs. Ares 10 GSM/GPRS thermometer is easy to install and can be used anywhere as long as there is GSM coverage.
HWg-Ares10 GSM is an effective solution for remote environment monitoring (temperature, humidity) over GSM without an internal battery. Environment monitoring over the mobile network (GSM) can be installed quickly and easily with the Ares; all that is needed is power and GSM coverage.
The two RJ11 ports can be used to connect 3 external 1-Wire or 1-Wire UNI sensors (max. 3 measured quantities in total). HW group offers temperature, light intensity, humidity, voltage, current (4-20mA) and other sensors.
Two digital inputs, IN1 and IN2 (green terminal block), can be used to connect simple status detectors (open/closed contacts). Relays of smoke detectors, open door detectors, water flood detectors etc. can be also connected to these inputs. States of detectors and sensors can be checked with a text message.
Alarm reaction can be as simple as sending an e-mail or a text message (SMS) whenever a contact is closed or a temperature exceeds the specified range. As a unique feature, after sending an alarm SMS (e.g. SMS temperature alert), the device can dial the target phone number and let it ring for a few seconds. Alarm status information can be sent to up to 5 phone numbers and 5 e-mails. More recipients can be reached by alarm escalation in the SensDesk.com portal.
As an important advantage, with Ares 10 GSM alarm thermometer, sensor readings can be plotted in a chart and the device can be configured using the SensDesk online portal (free of charge service provided by the manufacturer). Another option is to display the graphs in HWg-PDMS (free software) which retrieves the values by e-mail.
- Ares 10 is a simple GSM thermometer:
The “HWg-Ares10 Tset” quick start set contains a temperature sensor, a universal power adapter and an external antenna.
- Remote firmware upgrade (FOTA) capability simplifies management of large-scale installations with hundreds of devices.
- Max 3 sensors (3 measured values)
- Compatible sensors: 1-Wire / 1Wire UNI (RJ11)
- What can be measured: Illumination, temperature, humidity, current 4-20mA, voltage 0-60V, Pt100/1000 temperature probe, water flood at a point (1D) or in an area (2D)
- Digital Outputs (DO): None
- Digital inputs (DI): 2 dry-contact inputs for external detectors
- Pulse counting: S0 pulses can be counted at each DI
- Response to alarm: Dialing a number, SMS (5 destinations), e-mail, HWg-Push
- Configuration: Local – USB interface (Windows software does not need to be installed)
- Remote configuration: Web interface in the SensDesk.com portal – “AresConf” tab
- Logging: Data attached to e-mail or downloadable over USB
- Mechanical: 76 x 93 x 28 mm, wall-mountable, fits on a DIN rail
- Power supply: 9–30 VDC / 0.5 A external power
- SMS + ring upon alert: Supported
- Protocols: SMTP, NTP, HWg Push (http)